This plugin allows an author to include footnotes in text by enclosing the note in doubled parenthesis ((Note.)) When the content is shown to the end user, the notes are removed from the text and included in the style of a footnote. Hovering over the footnote link will displays a popup with the footnotes content. Notes are also gathered and listed at the bottom of the page.
- Upload the ajs-footnotes folder to the
- Activate the plugin via the WordPress Plugins menu
- Use the ‘AJS Footnotes’ page in ‘Settings’ to determine how you want the note to look and function
- Add notes to your text by enclosing them in double parenthesis
- How do I mark a footnote?
Enclose the text you want to make a note from with double parenthesis. For instance ((This text would be in the note.))
- What does “Escape HTML Entities” do?
The “Escape HTML Entities” option will cause WordPress to escape the text for the HTML special characters before displaying it. This will turn characters like & into &.This is necessary if your characters are not already escaped. In most cases, this is not the case, as WordPress escapes those characters when they&aposre entered into the system. However, if things aren�t working right, you may need to turn this option on.
- I’m seeing strange &’s with letters after where punctuation should be�
Turn “Escape HTML Entitees” off. (See above FAQ)
- Where can I find more information?
Check out the [AJS Footnotes Project Page] (http://www.ajseidl.com/projects/ajs-footnotes/) for complete documentation
Ez dago berrikuspenik plugin honentzat.
Laguntzaileak eta Garatzaileak
“AJS Footnotes” software librea da. Ondoko pertsonek egin dizkiote ekarpenak plugin honi.Laguntzaileak
- Original release