After releasing a WordPress plugin called Free CDN, I got a request to create another that supports rewriting hosts for commerical CDNs – those big names like Limelight, Akamai, Velocix, EdgeCast etc.
Basically, this plugin allows a WordPress user to specify two important variables: an orgin host (says http://www.yoursite.com) and a “destination host” (like http://www.static.yoursite.com). It will then find all the static contents from that orgin host and rewrite them into the destination so that they will be delivered from there.
- Multiple profiles are supported, allowing different contents to be treated differently
- You can exclusively select the content types for each profile – currently supporting JS, CSS, images, inline background images, and <object>’s
- Additional URL’s can be added as excludes
- Debug mode gives you a good preview to make sure nothing goes wrong
- Works normally with other plugins. Especially useful if run along with WP Super Cache
- AJAX’ed admin section makes it quick and easy to adjust the settings
- Added uninstall handler to remove all settings and data upon being installed
- Added link to Configuration page on plugins page
- Added PayPal Donate button
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
* 1.0.0 Initial version
- Download the plugin
- Extract into a folder
- Upload the entire to
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation
- Enable it via Plugins panel
- Head to Settings->CDN Rewrites and create the first profile.
- You’re ready to go!
- Why doesn’t the plugin parse the external stylesheet and rewrite the background images there too?
There should be no need. If the stylesheet got rewritten and is served through a destination host, all relative (most commonly) background images defined inside it will be pulled from that host too.
Ez dago berrikuspenik plugin honentzat.
Laguntzaileak eta Garatzaileak
“CDN Rewrites” software librea da. Ondoko pertsonek egin dizkiote ekarpenak plugin honi.Laguntzaileak
Itzul zaitez CDN Rewrites zure hizkuntzara.
Garapena interesatzen zaizu?
Araka ezazu kodea; begira ezazu SVN biltegia, edo harpidetu garapen erregistrora RSS-(r)en bidez.