CodeNotary – it’s how integrity gets done.
This is a user friendly download link enhancer plugin that opens CodeNotary Verify to help visitors verify downloaded files.
Do you need to ensure the safety of the file’s you make available for download on your website? Need a plugin that makes it easy for your visitors to confirm the file they are pulling from your site is genuine and untampered? CodeNotary is the first ever blockchain-based file integrity application that has been adopted extremely fast with over 2.7 million verified assets to date.
CodeNotary protects downloaders of your hosted files against Man-in-the-Middle attacks. Each original file version you sign and make available for download will have its fingerprints forever and unchangeably stored on the blockchain. Any change, malicious or otherwise, to the file you make available for download will be inevitably flagged by the immutability of the blockchain, which will notify both you and your downloader to the potential danger.
- The Problem with Using a Download Link
- What are Checksums and How to Calculate Them for Downloads?
- Protecting the Integrity of Your Downloads (Part #3)
- CodeNotary – How It Works
- CodeNotary – FAQ
Follow CodeNotary on:
For support please visit CodeNotary.io and contact us.
Plugin honek 1 blokea hornitzen du.
- CodeNotary Verify
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/codenotary-verifydirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Why install?
90% of the 25,466 infected websites collected and analyzed by GoDaddy and Sucuri in 2018 were WordPress based sites. (https://sucuri.net/reports/2018-hacked-website-report/)
90% is extremely alarming. Attackers gaining access to your website can inject malware or worse into the files you offer to your users. The negative effects of compromises rob your brand name of its hard earned public trust and reputation.
Ensure the integrity of your site’s downloadable files and prevent your users from clicking a compromised download link and becoming infected themselves.
CodeNotary does the heavy lifting for you and verifies each file you offer for download by ensuring its fingerprints (aka it’s hash) match the fingerprints you originally saved for that respective file.
The benefit for you as a site owner is it’s one less thing you have to worry about. For your downloaders, they can feel at ease knowing they are protected downloading from your site.
3 Ways to Verify – Video (starts on the drag and drop verification section)
- How to use it?
Guttenberg editor (WordPress 5.0+):
- Edit your blog post or page click on the (+) button to add a new block and choose “CodeNotary Verify”.
- Add a download link
- Edit your blog post or page.
- Add a download link
- Select the link with your mouse.
- On the editor’s toolbar click on blue “CodeNotary Verify” icon.
- Download File Hoster Experience
- Sign the files you want to make available for download in one simple step and have your signatures immutably stored using blockchain technology.
- Verify – Enable your customers to verify the authenticity of your solutions.
- Benefit – Easily manage, monitor, and, when needed, revoke any of your files and digital assets, whether it’s 10 or 10,000. Increase visitor trust in your website offerings and your brand reputation while lowering support costs.
- How downloaders use the link enhancer?
- On your website, the plugin will enhance all the links added in the way that is described above.
- When a user clicks on an enhanced download link the download starts and our script will open CodeNotary Verify.
- The user can verify now the downloaded file with drag and drop to CodeNotary Verify.
- How downloaders use the drag and drop verification?
- They drag & drop the file they want to check on to the webpage
- We check its integrity
- And tell them if they can trust it or not
Laguntzaileak eta Garatzaileak
“CodeNotary Verify” software librea da. Ondoko pertsonek egin dizkiote ekarpenak plugin honi.Laguntzaileak
- Classic editor support
* Custom icons
- Initial release