This WordPress plugin adds a new post type that allows you to quickly and privately keep track of what you’re grateful for.
It’s private by default, but you may change that and post publicly if you’d like. Titles populate automatically as the current day’s date, hashtags convert to WordPress style tags (which this plugin calls Gratitudes), and instead of Categories you set up Moods. You may also set up a daily email reminder and see what you’re most grateful for from the dashboard.
Thanks to prompts (see below) and a dashboard widget with links to recent gratitude articles, inspiration/motivation is provided. This is key since we don’t always feel grateful. Also, remember that you can always just type out thoughts versus, “I’m grateful for.” In other words, this can be your regular journal as well.
🪄 Recommended way to post
I’m grateful for #wordpress and #water.
💡 Not feeling grateful?
An inspirational message will appear at the top of the editor page. You may dismiss it for 30 days. And, you may make it reappear anytime by clicking “Reset Prompt” within the publishing box. Over time, new messages will be added as new versions of the plugin are released.
- Within the admin dashboard go to Plugins –> Add New
- Search for “Feed The Good”
- Choose activate, and then install
- Go to Gratitude Journal in the admin menu and choose Moods – create moods like you would create post categories (e.g. Happy, Sad, Anxious, Mad)
- Go to Gratitude Journal and choose Settings – set up your daily email reminder
Or, from the Add Plugins page choose Upload Plugin and upload this plugin’s zip file.
Does this plugin have any settings?
Yes. Find “Gratitude Journal” in your admin menu and within there is a Settings link.
Are gratitude posts private?
Yes, by default. But, at any point, you may change a post to public by using the normal WordPress privacy/status settings.
How do I set up moods?
Just like you set up post categories. But instead of going to Categories, you go to the Moods submenu item under Gratitude Journal.
Ez dago berrikuspenik plugin honentzat.
Laguntzaileak eta Garatzaileak
“Feed The Good” software librea da. Ondoko pertsonek egin dizkiote ekarpenak plugin honi.Laguntzaileak
- Removed the hide dashboard widgets setting (not needed because WP has this feature built-in under the “Screen Options” tab)
- Removing the hide widgets setting also fixed a bug related to saving options
- Verbiage updates within the help tab
- Tested with WP 6.3
- Readme update
- Prompt added above title field
- Hide dashboard widgets setting added
- Security updates
- Added daily reminder with settings page
- Security updates
- Breaking change! Fixed gratitudes (tags) bug; old tags will no longer appear, however, any new tags created going forward will appear. This breaking change was necessary to ensure the gratitudes archive works properly, and to ensure the plugin works well long into the future.
- URLs now include time and mood
- Simplified date as title function
- Made hashtagging compatible with all languages
- Changed the way the post is set to private to prevent duplicate post creation which began with the release of WordPress 6.2
- Tested with WordPress 6.2
- Code clean up
- Initial release