Sets uploaded media filename to lowercase as filter on sanitize_file_name. Based on post at Stack Overflow asking if there is a way to “Rename files during upload within WordPress 3.0 backend”.
Created for WordPress 3.0.1+ which saves any uploaded media filename (Image, Video, Audio) as lowercase. This effectively changes the name of the file at upload if a user were to upload a file with any uppercase characters.
- MOVIE-FILE.MOV > movie-file.mov
- Movie-File.wmv > movie-file.wmv
- ImAgEfILe.gif > imagefile.gif
- imageFile.JPG > imagefile.jpg
- ETC > etc
Note: WordPress sets file extension to lowercase. This plugin does a strtolower on the filename.
- Download the plugin and unzip it.
- Upload the folder /make-filename-lowercase to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Activate the plugin from your WordPress admin panel.
- Installation finished.
Why was this plugin created?
This plugin evolved from a client requirement that all uploaded media filenames contain no uppercase characters.
Why did you release this plugin?
It was useful to me and I wanted to work through the process of releasing a WordPress plugin.
Why shouldn’t this just be added to a theme’s functions.php file?
Upgradeability, portability, backwards compatibility, and other *abilities. If for some reason this function were in need of customization due to a WordPress version upgrade, the plugin will be centrally responsible for releasing the fix as opposed to updating the theme(s).
Ez dago berrikuspenik plugin honentzat.
Laguntzaileak eta Garatzaileak
“Make Filename Lowercase” software librea da. Ondoko pertsonek egin dizkiote ekarpenak plugin honi.Laguntzaileak
Garapena interesatzen zaizu?
- moved plugin screenshots to assets directory
- added cool header banner for plugin repository
- Tested for 3.3.1
- Lehen bertsioa