Smart Image Gallery allows to insert images, and pictures, in your blog, directly from the WordPress media library, or eternal images repositories (like: Flickr, Instagram or Google Images ). The images are searched, and inserted, from the article edition, without importing them to the WordPress media library. All you need to do is pick the search criteria, and the plugin will search in all available sources, allowing select the images that most closely match the blog’s subject.
Smart Image Gallery allows insert the selected images by separated, or as part of a gallery. It is possible select between different galleries designs, included with the plugin.
- Insert images, or image galleries, in the blog’s articles
- The easiest way to find images related with the articles
- Allows search for images in the WordPress media library, or external images repositories
- Allows to display the images separately or as part of a gallery
- Reduces the bandwidth consumption of your server using images hosted in external servers
- Allows insert the gallery in the website’s sidebar.
The base plugin, available for free from the WordPress Plugin Directory, has all the features needed for search, and insert, images in the website’s articles.
- Includes a wide number of images repositories (like:WordPress media library, Flickr, Instagram and Googel Images)
- Includes additional galleries designs (like: carousel and Classic Gallery )
Demo of Premium Version of Plugin
If you want more information about this plugin, or another one, visits my website:
The requirements depend of the images repository, some repositories require an API Key, or Client ID
Using Smart Image Gallery
Smart Image Gallery is an easy and intuitive plugin. Before search, and insertion of the images in the articles, will be necessary activate the images repositories. Go to the settings page of plugin ( from the menu option “Settings > Smart Image Gallery” ), and activate the available images repositories (the number of images repositories depends of plugin’s version installed on your WordPress ). Each image sources has its own settings options ( for example: Flickr requires an API Key, and Instagram a Client ID)
After activate the images repositories, go to the article, and press the Smart Image Gallery icon over the content’s editor. The action opens an popup window with a search box. Type the search criteria and press the “search” button, or simply press the carriage return key. The plugin displays the images available for each images repository. If the resulting images are not appropriated for the article, the plugin displays an “+” button at right of each repository, to get additional images with the same search criteria. Each image has associated a checkbox to be selected and inserted in the article. One time have decided the images to insert, go to the galleries design tab, and select the gallery to display (the available galleries, and its options, depend of plugin’s version installed in your WordPress )
The plugin inserts a shortcode in the article, doing easy remove an image, or modify the gallery’s settings.
Plugin honek 1 blokea hornitzen du.
- Smart Image Gallery
To install Smart Image Gallery, follow these steps:
- Download and unzip the plugin
- Upload the smart-image-gallery/ directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activates the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Go to the setting section of plugin, and activates the images repositories
Another method to install the plugin:
- Go to the plugins section in WordPress
- Press the “Add New” button, at top of page
- Press the “upload” link, and selects the zipped file with the plugin’s code
- Finally, install and activate the plugin
Q: Why to use external repositories?
A: The external repositories like a Flickr, Picasa, Instagram, etc. include a big number of photos and images available for non-commercial purposes, furthermore, the external repositories reduce the bandwidth consumption from your web server.
Q: How modify the gallery design?
Q: Is possible remove a image from the gallery?
A: The plugin inserts a shortcode in the article, so will be required remove the image’s data from the shortcode, and save the article changes.
Q: Are free the images selected with Smart Image Gallery?
A: Smart Image Gallery search images in general. You should check copyright of images. If you click on the image, will be loaded the original page where the image is published.
Q: Could be restricted the resulting images to an user?
A: This feature is only available for Flickr. Go to the settings page of plugin, and set the username for Flickr library.
If you require more information, please visit our FAQ page in:
Q: How to include all images in a Flickr Album?
A: Tick the checkbox: “Search by album Id” in the Flickr settings section (Accessible through the menu option: Settings/Smart Image Gallery), and then in the insertion process of the images in the pages or posts, enter the album’s id as the search criteria. The action returns only the images belonging to the specified album.
Laguntzaileak eta Garatzaileak
“Smart Image Gallery” software librea da. Ondoko pertsonek egin dizkiote ekarpenak plugin honi.Laguntzaileak
Itzul zaitez Smart Image Gallery zure hizkuntzara.
Garapena interesatzen zaizu?
Araka ezazu kodea; begira ezazu SVN biltegia, edo harpidetu garapen erregistrora RSS-(r)en bidez.
- First version released.
- Improves the plugin documentation.
- Fixes an issue with the selection of Flickr images.
- Corrects some issues with the jQuery framework included with the latest versions of WordPress.
- Re-implements multiple features of the plugin.
- Uses the classes constructor of PHP5 in the Widgets creation
- Reimplements the Google Module, because the ajax.googleapis.com has been closed.
- Modifies some deprecated jQuery functions.
- Modifies the images repositories.
- Implements the integration with the Gutenberg Editor, the editor that will be included with the next versions of WordPress.
- Modifies the integration with the Gutenberg editor, replacing the deprecated methods with the new ones.
- Fixes a conflict with the latest update of the Gutenberg editor.
- Fixes a conflict with some themes.
- Solves a conflict with the Speed Booster Pack plugin.
- Includes the promote banner.
- The professional version includes the auto-update module.
- Modifies the language files and plugin headers.
- Modifies the blocks for the Gutenberg editor, preparing the plugin for WordPress 5.1
- Modifies the access to the demos.
- Includes additional sanitization process.
- Fixes an issue in the plugin’s block for Gutenberg editor.
- Fixes an encoding issue in some ampersand symbols on generated URLs.
- Modifies the database queries to allow searching by all local images.
- Fixes an issue with the alt attributes in the galleries.
- Improves the insertion dialog.
- Modifies the banner module.