This plugin is a simple one, but good at what it does. It changes three elements of protected posts to make them more friendly to visitors.
- customize prefix for password-protected posts from default “Protected: “
- customize prefix for private posts from “Private: “
- ability to use the post’s excerpt (if one is saved) when no password is given
- ability to show custom text for all password-protected posts
- if no saved excerpt, show the default OR use custom site-wide text
- change text before the password input box
- change text of submit button
- add custom CSS; set class or ID for theme integration
0.6 – corrected for WordPress 2.7, which handles protected and private posts differently.
0.5 – initial public release
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In the ‘Settings’ menu click ‘Protected Posts Personalizer’ and change any text you want, then click Save Changes.
- Does this change the way WordPress handles passwords?
No, not at all. This plugin is specifically for changing how password-protected and private posts are displayed. Changing these will not affect the password system at all.
- What if I only want to change one thing and nothing else?
That’s fine. All plugin defaults are WordPress defaults. If you install it and don’t change the values, nothing will appear different.
- Can anything go in the ‘Assign ID, Class, or Inline Styles’ box?
Tecnically, yes. This option inserts text directly into the <p> tag of the password form. That means that, while you could put anything in there, if you put something which is invalid HTML or XHTML odd things will probably happen. Additionally, you’re site won’t validate.
- What if I want to keep the default post previews, but also want to use a customized password form?
No can do. Because the text of the custom password form relies on having a custom function to call it, you must use one of the ‘custom’ options. It’s practically the same thing. Is it that important to tell visitors “There is no excerpt because this post is password protected”? Because, in fact, that’s the only difference.
- Neato! But I was really hoping for a protected post plugin that would do…
Please, please do submit any ideas for the future at the plugin’s homepage. If you can think them and I can program them, we’ve got ourselves a new feature.
Ez dago berrikuspenik plugin honentzat.
Laguntzaileak eta Garatzaileak
“Protected Post Personalizer” software librea da. Ondoko pertsonek egin dizkiote ekarpenak plugin honi.Laguntzaileak
Itzul zaitez Protected Post Personalizer zure hizkuntzara.
Garapena interesatzen zaizu?
Araka ezazu kodea; begira ezazu SVN biltegia, edo harpidetu garapen erregistrora RSS-(r)en bidez.