Use StoryChief for collaboration on SEO blogposts, social posts and one-click multichannel distribution.
Publish Better Content
Gain better collaboration, create more interactive and beautiful content with StoryChief and go Multi-Channel without any hurdles or technical requirements.
- Publishes articles straight from StoryChief
- Keeps your formatting like header tags, bold, links, lists etc
- Does not alter your website’s branding, by using your site’s CSS for styling
- Imports text and images from your StoryChief story
- Supports multi-site
- Supports SEO plugins natively: Yoast, SeoPress, All In One Seo Pack, RankMath
- Supports custom fields with ACF through an extensions plugin
- Supports multi-language with Polylang and WPML through an extensions plugin
- Supports Divi theme and Builder
How It Works
- Register on StoryChief
- Add a WordPress channel
- Install and activate the plugin
- Configure the plugin by saving your encryption key
- Publish from StoryChief to your WordPress website
- This plugin requires a StoryChief account.
- Not a StoryChief user yet? Sign up for free!
- PHP version 5.4 or higher
Actions and filters
Developers: This plugin has numerous actions and filters available that can be used to modify the default behaviour of the plugin.
* storychief_is_draft_status($is_draft, $payload)
* storychief_change_post_type($post_type, $payload)
* storychief_publish_permalink($permalink, $postID)
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings -> StoryChief screen to configure the plugin
- Copy over your encryption key from StoryChief
Laguntzaileak eta Garatzaileak
“StoryChief” software librea da. Ondoko pertsonek egin dizkiote ekarpenak plugin honi.Laguntzaileak
- Feature: Parse literal gutenberg blocks in the content
- Bugfix: Solved edge-case where media URL conflicts with post url
- Added formatting of shortcodes
- Tested up to WordPress 5.9
- Improvement: Add improvements to the security
- Improvement: Disable WP-Cron when StoryChief’s webhook is called.
- Bugfix: New tags would not get connected to the post
- Feature: Added debug mode
- Bugfix: Don’t duplicate og tags when RankMath is installed
- Improvement: Added storychief_alter_response filter
- Improvement: Tested up to WordPress 5.6
- Improvement: Added storychief_change_post_type filter
- Improvement: Updated filter and action documentation
- Improvement: Tested up to WordPress 5.5
- Bugfix: Add permission_callback on register_rest_route
- Bugfix: Fixed bug where saving the author would be done without sanitation disable
- Improvement: add storychief_is_draft_status filter for granular control over the publish status
- Improvement: move author linking to seperate action ‘storychief_save_author_action’. Allows for granular control
- Improvement: add ability to customize the post type on configuration
- Improvement: remove image data check for duplicates, image optimizers change it each time.
- Improvement: added mapping of alt-tag
- Improvement: clear cache after new post is created or updated.
- Improvement: Improvement to image side-loading.
- Improvement: Try to map categories and tags on slug before name.
- Tested up to WordPress 5.4
- Improvement: added custom styling options for media alignment, video’s and captions
- Improvement: tested up to WordPress 5.3
- Improvement: Renamed “Story Chief” and “Storychief” to the correct “StoryChief”
- Bugfix: Divi content formatting fix
- Improvement: Added support for Divi theme and Divi Builder
- Improvement: Add support for Rank Math
- Bugfix: Canonical URL
- Bugfix: SEO meta tags where displayed on non-singular pages when no SEO plugin was found.
- Bugfix: SEOPress pre_get_document_title filter was overwritten by StoryChief
- Improvement: Added support for All In One Seo Pack Pro
- Improvement: Added support for All In One Seo Pack
- Improvement: Added the article’s title as the alt-tag for the Post Featured image
- Improvement: Added support for Yoast Premium
- Improvement: Tested up to WordPress 5.0
- Bugfix: refactored old filters to actions on handleUpdate webhook function
- Improvement: Return the post Pretty URl instead of Permalink as redirect modules are giving issues.
- Improvement: Suppress warnings and notices from other plugins that can get prepended or appended to the rest response on bad configured servers.
- Improvement: Better support for SeoPress and add fallback for when no SEO plugins are installed
- Bugfix: Images side-loaded for draft articles got in a subfolder based 01/01/1970 date instead op the post date.
- Bugfix: trigger side-loading of images on update function.
- Bugfix: use wp_check_filetype() instead of mime_content_type() as it is not always available
- Complete rewrite of plugin
- Feature: Option to side-load all images inside the content.
- Improvement: Avoid duplicate images.
- Bugfix: Permalink sometimes redirected bots (ex: Facebot) to the homepage. Changed the permalink to stop that.
- Improvement: Made notices less obtrusive.
- Added a filter to modify the returned permalink
- Clearer ‘test mode’ description in settings
- Added support for SeoPress
- Increased image side-loading timeout and handled exception gracefully
- Improved SEO integration
- Added settings to allow or disallow creation of new tags and categories
- Added support for SEO plugin Yoast
- Tested up to version 4.9
- Don’t return a permalink in test mode, in order to avoid accidental social media posts in test mode
- Refactored for support of PHP 5.4
- Added handleUpdate function
- Added information messages for sub-plugins.
- Changed insert of tags, categories and featured image through filters (for overwrite/extension purposes)
- Reformatted code for reuse of import_image function
- Added custom filter: storychief_before_handle_filter
- Added custom action: storychief_after_publish_action
- Added custom action: storychief_after_delete_action
- Added custom action: storychief_after_test_action
- Added ability to sync multiple categories.
- Added an option to automatically create new authors
- Add ability to save as draft for testing purposes
- Added support for Google AMP
- Added support until PHP version 5.2.4
- Added WP installation url on configuration page for improved usability.
- Better error handling.
- Drop the REST API approach and reworked everything with one simple webhook.
- Connect to your StoryChief destination
- Publish your articles on your WordPress blog.