Stratus is a jQuery powered SoundCloud player that lives at the bottom (or top) of your website or blog. This plugin allows you to quickly add Stratus to your WordPress and customize as needed.
- Sharing – Visitors can now click the share button to email, tweet, facebook, and embed your tracks around the web.
- Commenting & Favoriting – Visitors can now comment and favorite tracks right from Stratus.
- Tracklist – Double-click any blank space on the player to unveil a tracklist.
- Pop-up Player – Visitors can now popup your player and continue listening to tunes while they browse your site.
Who’s Using It?
Here’s some examples of Stratus in the wild. Want to get added to the list? Send me an email.
Got a suggestion? Found a bug? Deployed the player on your site? Let me know @leemartin.
Here’s a quick installation guide on installing Stratus on your WordPress:
- Install the WordPress plugin which adds an admin interface for setting up the player, by searching for stratus in Plugins > Add New within your WordPress admin interface.
- Once installed, go activate the plugin on the Plugins page in your WordPress admin interface.
- When activated, click Settings on the Stratus plugin listing on the Plugins page and define your settings.
From here, you should provide a
JSON formatting string of options as described in the customization instructions using the provided options.
- Can I keep Stratus playing even when the page reloads?
Not currently. Your site would need to be built so that it doesn’t reload rather than the player. However, we do provide a popup function that users can click to enjoy your tunes while browsing your site.
- How can I make YouTube videos appear below Stratus?
The trick is adding
?wmode=transparentto each of your YouTube videos. That will force the YouTube embed to appear below Stratus as it should.
Laguntzaileak eta Garatzaileak
“Stratus” software librea da. Ondoko pertsonek egin dizkiote ekarpenak plugin honi.Laguntzaileak
Itzul zaitez Stratus zure hizkuntzara.
Garapena interesatzen zaizu?
Araka ezazu kodea; begira ezazu SVN biltegia, edo harpidetu garapen erregistrora RSS-(r)en bidez.
- Let’s get it on.