WPO365 | MS GRAPH MAILER provides you with a modern, reliable and efficient way to send WordPress transactional emails from one of your Microsoft 365 / Exchange Online / Mail enabled accounts.
The plugin re-configures your WordPress website to send emails using the Microsoft Graph API instead of – for example – SMTP. Sending WordPress emails using the Microsoft Graph API has become the only available alternative after Microsoft has disabled basic authentication (username and password) over the SMTP protocol.
- Send WordPress transactional emails from one of your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online / Mail enabled accounts using Microsoft Graph instead of – for example – SMTP.
- Choose between delegated (send mail as a user) and application-level (send mail as any user) type permissions.
SEND AS HTML
- Send emails formatted as HTML.
SAVE TO SENT ITEMS
- Emails sent will be saved in the account’s mailbox in the Sent Items folder, further helping to track (successful) mail delivery.
- Send files from your WordPress website as attachments.
CONFIGURATION / TEST EMAIL DELIVERY
- Easy configuration with detailed step-by-step Getting started guide and video.
- Send test email to recipients incl. CC, BCC and attachment.
ADD FUNCTIONALITY WITH EXTENSIONS
The following features can be unlocked with the WPO365 | MAIL extension.
- Add support to send WordPress emails with attachments larger than 3 MB using Microsoft Graph.
- Send email from Microsoft 365 Shared Mailbox.
WP-CONFIG FOR AAD SECRETS
- Further improve overall security by choosing to store Azure Active Directory secrets in your WordPress WP-Config.php (on disk) and have those secrets removed from the database.
MAIL AUDIT / RESEND
- Log every email sent from your WordPress website, review errors and try to send unsuccessfully sent mails again.
- Allow forms to override “From” address e.g allow Contact Form 7 to dynamically configure the account used to send the email from (requires application-level Mail.Send permissions).
SEND AS BCC
- Send emails as BCC instead and prevent reply-to-all mail pollution.
- Configure a default reply-to mail address if this should differ from the account’s mail address that is used to send WordPress transactional emails from.
- We have tested our plugin with WordPress >= 5.0 and PHP >= 5.6.40.
- You need to be (Office 365) Tenant Administrator to configure both Azure Active Directory and the plugin.
We will go to great length trying to support you if the plugin doesn’t work as expected. Go to our Support Page to get in touch with us. We haven’t been able to test our plugin in all endless possible WordPress configurations and versions so we are keen to hear from you and happy to learn!
We are keen to hear from you so share your feedback with us on Twitter and help us get better!
When you’re a developer and interested in the code you should have a look at our repo over at WordPress.
Please refer to these Getting started articles for detailed installation and configuration instructions.
Laguntzaileak eta Garatzaileak
“WPO365 | MICROSOFT 365 GRAPH MAILER” software librea da. Ondoko pertsonek egin dizkiote ekarpenak plugin honi.Laguntzaileak
Garapena interesatzen zaizu?
- Fix: The mail authorization may falsely indicate that the plugin is not authorized to send emails using Microsoft Graph due to how the plugin compared permissions.
- Feature: Websites that are using the [Mail Integration for Office 365/Outlook](https://wordpress.org/plugins/mail-integration-365/] are now urged to switch to WPO365 | MICROSOFT GRAPH MAILER or configure the builtin Microsoft Graph mail function of the WPO365 | LOGIN plugin. Consult the online migration guide for further details. [ALL]
- Feature: The (premium version of the) Microsoft Graph Mailer can now send attachments larger than 3 MB.
- Feature: The (premium version of the) Microsoft Graph Mailer can now send emails from a Shared Mailbox.
- Improvement: Some parts of the source code have been updated to improve compatibility with PHP 8.1.
- Fix: Mail authorization would fail with the error “Could not retrieve a tenant and application specific JSON Web Key Set and thus the JWT token cannot be verified successfully”.
- Fix: The delegated mail authorization feature would – under circumstances – fail to get the mail specific tenant ID and as a result an attempt to refresh the access token may fail.
- Fix: The Redirect URL field for the mail authorization is no longer greyed out and can be changed by administrators. [LOGIN]
- Fix: Added missing files.
- Change: Sending WordPress emails using Microsoft Graph can now also be configured with delegated permissions. Administrators are urged to review the documentation and to update their configuration. [LOGIN, MICROSOFT GRAPH MAILER]
- Feature: Azure Active Directory secrets can now be stored in the website’s WP-Config.php and removed from the database. [MAIL]
- Fix: If the plugin is configured to send WordPress emails using Microsoft Graph then it will now always replace the “from” email address if WordPress tries to sent emails from “wordpress@[sitename]”. WordPress will propose this email address is no email is set by the plugin sending the email (e.g. Contact Form 7). This email may pass checks as a valid email address but in reality this email address most likely does not exist. The option to fix the “localhost” issue has been removed since this fix improves the behavior for all hosts (incl. localhost). [ALL]
- Improvement: When specified in – for example – an email form the “From” address will be used to send the email from (instead of the configured “From” address and if the address specified in the form appears to be valid). This behavior is a premium feature and not enabled by default.
- Change: Sending mail as HTML is no longer a premium feature.
- Change: Saving a sent mail in the Sent Items folder is no longer a premium feature.
- Improvement: The Graph Mailer components have been refactored for improved logging / auditing.
- Fix: Sending a test email with attachment is now supported by all versions.
- Fix: The plugin will not try and send attachments larger than 3 Mb (the prevent the mail being refused by the Microsoft Graph API).
- Fix: Several issues related to PHP 8.x have been fixed.
- Updated README.txt
- Improvement: The plugin will now honor a reply-to email address defined “externally” e.g. when using Contact Form 7.
- Fix: Activating the plugin would case a critical error due to a class-loading error.
- Fix: Compatibility update.
- Fix: Some minor code issues were fixed after review.
- Initial version.