If you are looking for ways to monetize, store and build communities with your readers, this plugin is for you. Register content metadata on-chain, keep your content on the distributed web (IPFS & Arweave), and publish content as NFT. It is an integrated tool that allows you to write as usual but publish differently.
A mini NFT marketplace is embedded into your WordPress posts to let readers collect their favorites.
A portfolio that can display your collected articles. Represent your readership and authorship.
The marketplace will determine the mint price by bonding curve. The price of Writing NFT will increase automatically after each transaction. No sales hurdle.
Register content metadata (ISCN) on the LikeCoin chain, storing the content file on IPFS and Arweave in one plugin.
LikeCoin is an open-source project. You are welcome to contribute to the plugin on Github if you are a developer.
Welcome to sponsor LikeCoin by being our Civic Liker.
Installing LikeCoin WordPress plugin is easy-peasy, it takes only a few steps, within one minute.
Follow the below steps to install LikeCoin plugin:
- Go to the WordPress admin panel and login ( For example if your website is www.abc.com, the admin panel address is usually on www.abc.com/wp-admin).
- Click on the Menu on the left, go to “Plugin” and click on “install plugin” on top.
- Search for “LikeCoin” and find the LikeCoin plugin, click “Install Now” and wait for the system to finish the job, then click “Activate”.
- After installation, there will be a “LikeCoin” option in the menu. Congratulations, installation is done!
Configuring LikeCoin plugin
You are ready to publish your post as NFT right after finishing Keplr installation. If you want to further enjoy the like-to-earn feature, you can also register a Liker ID. After finishing Liker ID registration, follow the below configuration steps:
- On the menu, select “Your LikeCoin button”, then fill in your Liker ID in the Liker ID field.
- Click “Confirm” to finish setting up your Writing NFT widget, the widget will appear at the bottom of each post.
Configure LikeCoin button to appear at anywhere of the articles – use the shortcode [likecoin] to display extra LikeCoin buttons.
To learn more, please visit liker.land.
How to collect Writing NFT?
Collect in “NFT widget” embedded in the content, or at the user’s portfolio page. Readers need to install Keplr wallet and spend LikeCoin to collect NFT.
How to list Writing NFT for sale?
After install Writing NFT WordPress plugin, writers can publish their posts as NFTs, and readers can then collect via the NFT widget.
On what basis the price of Writing NFT changes?
The price changes dynamically based on supply and demand of the NFT. Writers do not need to set the price and quantity. Readers do not need to set the bidding price too, just collect when the price feels right. The marked price will decrease when someone sell in secondary market.
I do not have Liker ID, can I buy or sell Writing NFT?
Yes. Readers can buy Writing NFT, writers can mint and hence list NFT for sale, as long as they have enough LikeCoin in their Keplr wallet. Liker ID is not needed.
Where can I check out my NFT collection?
At NFT portfolio page.
How to sell Writing NFT in secondary market?
Mark the price of your NFT for sale at NFT portfolio page. Readers can then collect at any NFT widget.
How to set the quantity for sale?
There is no upper limit in principle. However, as the marked price will increase automatically as sales goes on, the minting of NFT will stop automatically when the price reaches a point that is out of market’s expectation.
How to transfer NFT?
Can be done at NFT portfolio page.
How to check my LikeCoin balance?
Users can check LikeCoin balance by:
How to register a Liker ID?
For users who are familiar with crypto currencies, you can register a Liker ID by Keplr wallet, which you can have full control of your wallet private key.
An easier way to register a Liker ID without any crypto knowledge, however, is to register via email/password or social accounts such as Google or Facebook. Read the guide here.
How to change LikeCoin to fiat currency?
What is Civic Liker?
Civic Liker is a movement to reward good content and encourage openness. The Civic Liker subscription plan provides a convenient way for supporters to sponsor creators by monthly subscription, and let the creators focus on their work with decent rewards. Readers can pay for at least the cost of a coffee, or up to the cost of a bottle of champagne, to support creators.
For details please refer to this guide.
How to earn bonus from Creator’s Fund?
Creators Fund will be distributed daily according to the claps via LikeCoin buttons by Likers. You can add LikeCoin button to your works by installing LikeCoin WordPress plugin. Note that Civic Likers’ claps has a much heavier weight for the distribution.
Possible to have different Liker ID within the same WordPress site?
This function can be confiigured under the LikeCoin WordPress plugin setting.
Post author’s account must be linked to a Liker ID for the LikeCoin button to show in posts. Please login the LikeCoin plugin with the author’s WordPress account once before editing with other editor account. You can also use the “Site Liker ID” option to force all posts to use a site-wise Liker ID.
What is ISCN?
Creators can register content metadata to guarantee its integrity by acquiring an International Standard Content Number (ISCN). ISCN is an immutable evidence of content ownership, just like the ISBN for books.
Laguntzaileak eta Garatzaileak
“LikeCoin – Decentralize Publishing with Writing NFT & Storage” software librea da. Ondoko pertsonek egin dizkiote ekarpenak plugin honi.Laguntzaileak
LikeCoin – Decentralize Publishing with Writing NFT & Storage 4 eskualde-ezarpenetara itzuli da. Eskerrik asko itzultzaileei beraien ekarpenengatik.
Garapena interesatzen zaizu?
- Redesign simplified plugin settings pages
- Remove site Liker ID override feature
- Add web monetization to revamped other setting page
- Add license field when publishing to ISCN
- Remove matters and IPFS column from post list
- Remove web monetization settings
- Move ISCN badge option into main setting page
- Move Liker ID settings into a single setting page
- Simplify editor sidebar layout
- Update copywriting
- Improve support to WordPress < 5.7
- Add ISCN update from metabox
- Fix an issue where non character image name might cause Arweave upload error
- Improve feature image and general image upload reliablity when uploading to Arweave.
- Change LikeCoin button iframe size for NFT widget support
- Reorganize LikeCoin button/NFT widget display settings to allow enabling site LikeCoin button without forcing site Liker ID
- Improve Writing NFT minting UX. Support postMessage NFT class ID update event when minting Writing NFT
- Add Writing NFT Support
- Fix issue with login to matters
- Refactor restful API
- Use ISCN ID as key for LikeCoin button if exists
- Fix ISCN description would be missing if excerpt is not set
- Move Web Monetization into Other Settings
- Use custom excerpt as description if available
- Fix ISCN information was not passed correctly to widget
- Fix ISCN description might contain HTML escape code
- Fix strange NaN/0 in sidebar UI
- Fix site LikeCoin button display setting was not respect if per post setting is enabled
- Fix broken layout in LikeCoin button setting
- Add plugin information in iscn record note
- Add update function to DePub, you can now update metadata in ISCN after a post is updated.
- Fix ISCN title might contain esacpe string when using DePub
- Fix LikeCoin button default display behaviour. Now after setting a LikerID and without explicitly disable LikeCoin button, it will default to display.
- Fix unable to see Matters and ISCN column name when using filtering in admin post list page
- Fix metabox DePub does not work
- Fix Arweave ID not updated after submission
- Use app.like.co for all ISCN popup
- Add featured image into DePub post
- Fix DePub did not use latest post information.
- Revamp ISCN publising flow with new iscn-ar widget
- Improve publishing UX and performance for metabox and sidebar
- Fix issue with Matters draft saving and auto image uploading
- Improve Matters auto draft/publish performance
- Allow user with post editing right to set their own LikeCoin button LikerID
- Update ISCN badge link to app.like.co ISCN viewer
- Known issue: Distribution subpanel in post editor sidebar does not reflect actual Matters auto-publish settings
- Known issue: LikeCoin button per post setting does not work in post editor sidebar
- Revamp post editor interface and publishing flow
- Add Gutenberg siderbar for DePub.
- Fix confusing default select in LikeCoin button and ISCN badge display settings
- Fix matters publish settings does not work
- Added error message when ISCN widget popup is blocked by browser
- Allow re-triggering popup widget after refresh
- Improved user experience for Arweave and ISCN submission
- Fix broken admin settings links
- Fix ISCN button was not available if Matters options are not enabled
- Fix missing i18n string
- Added ISCN description
- Fix handling of files already exist Arweave
- Fix restful API error handling
- Fix parsing of post image src with querysring
- Fix invalid error notice in post editor
- Fix wrong license in ISCN for Arweave integration
- Integrate upload to Arweave + ISCN feature
- Fix matters CORS issue
- Revamp plugin admin pages
- Fixed an issue where matters publish status won’t auto refresh when entering post editor
- Support url field in ISCN widget
- Add ISCN status column in post list
- Support ISCN FoTan upgrade
- Fix buggy LikeCoin button display logic
- Add display of ISCN badge in posts submited to ISCN testnet.
- Simplify Matters and IPFS column in admin panel post list.
- Fix a bug that affects parsing of post tags to ISCN transaction.
- Add publish to ISCN testnet feature
- Fix “Illegal string offset ‘matters_id'” error
- Fix invalid noopener syntax
- Add refresh publish status button in post metabox
- Add Web Monetization setting
- Add Matters and IPFS status display in metabox and post management list
- Add class to LikeCoin button
figure> to allow CSS customization
- Fix LikeCoin button size issue in Twenty Twenty-One
- Fix Matters session expiration message is unreadable
- Sync post tags to Matters
- Unify Matters.news brand name
- Improve Matters publish support for classic editor
- New option to add post link in footer when publishing
- Fix publish to matters checkbox status does not display properly
- Fix typo in matters.news description
- Fix users’ LikeCoin button setting cannot be updated
- Try to fix title encoding issue when saving draft to matters
- Fix cannot save draft to matters when publishing article
- Improve formatting of matters ID display
- Add short introduction on matters.news
- Add display of current matters ID in settings
- Add sponsor information
- Add publish to matters function beta
- Add become civic liker button and update help url
- Add liker-id param in [likecoin] shortcode
- Rename Like Rewards banner to LikeCoin button
- Use LikeCoin wallet when updating user info.
- Allow user to input Liker ID directly
- Remove Metamask related code
- Fix Like Rewards banner not showing when using site Liker ID
- Add shortcode [likecoin] for displaying Like Rewards banner
- Fixes options in metabox did not follow current config
- Fixes Android Facebook Browser stuck in redirect issue
- Inject sandbox attributes in iframe only in AMP mode
- Support Metamask privacy mode
- Update names and branding
- Do not display Like Rewards banner in password-protected post
- Remove button referrer when in preview mode
- Support AMP plugin in paired/native mode
- Support new LikeButton setting available like.co
- Better compatibility with old php versions
- Add action shortcut to help and settings links
- Better support for page builder like elementor and beaver
- Fine-tune LikeButton display priority and default display option
- Fix localization not working
- Fix typos
- Add LikeCoin Plugin Settings page
- Add site LikeButton functionality
- UI revamp
- Minify JS
- Update localizations
- Add localization headers
- Initial release